• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Course ground from Hare Today

Odonata

Just thought I would mention this for people considering buying course ground whole prey from Hare Today. The difference between course ground and fine ground is very significant. I ordered a couple of different course ground products and upon inspection came to the decision that I needed to go through the meat very carefully before offering it to my Tegu. The course ground contains quite large fragments of bone, some with very pointed and sharp edges that could cause internal problems in my opinion. By the time I had gone through two packages of course ground, removing all of the sharp bones I had a fair sized bowl of waste. I think I will go back to fine ground since nutritionally I see it as much the same, and it is less work in preparation. My tegu gets plenty of other bones in whole prey that is not ground (mice/rats, chicks/quail, etc).

Curious what others think about the course ground and size of the bones.

Skeetzy

Coarse ground is most definitely not for tegus. I believe it's meant more for dogs and other larger animals that are provided with a raw meat diet. I had a batch of it, and I made sure I didn't offer my guy any bones pretty much. I switched back to normal ground meat.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mightytegu