• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

couple of my reps. taken baths (pic heavy!)

Lexi

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
well i desided to give baths to some of the reps. today, and of course i took some pics! Hope you enjoy!
bath1.jpg

bath2.jpg

bath4.jpg

bath.jpg

bath3.jpg

tegubath.jpg

tegubath1.jpg

tegubath2.jpg

tegubath3.jpg

tegubath4.jpg

tegubath5.jpg

bath5.jpg

bath10.jpg

bath7.jpg

bath8.jpg

bath6.jpg

bath9.jpg

bath11.jpg

bath13.jpg

bath14.jpg

bath12.jpg

bath15.jpg

Azaleah

5 Year Member
DUUUUUDE That must be a really big sink.

And I SERIOUSLY envy you for that Red x Blue. He's SO gorgeous.

BOOSTFEEN

5 Year Member
wow that hybrid is so nice hmmmm but it looks awfully familiar to me lol. looks like mommy is taking good care of him

ZEKE

5 Year Member
awesome animals lexi! that hybrid is amazing!

wow your bearded dragons have amazing coloring. some of the brightest and best looking i have seen.

i cant wait for you to breed your water dragons. i want one of them!

PuffDragon

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
ZEKE said:
wow your bearded dragons have amazing coloring. some of the brightest and best looking i have seen.
!

I thought so too but then I had to look into it. They have been photo shopped and the colors have been manipulated. This would be a good example of what not to do to photos. It misrepresents your animals and leads people to believe you have something you actually don't.

PuffDragon

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Well for starters, all you have to do is look at the actual bath tub color. It's different in every picture when it should be the same. On my screen, the colors look very distorted. Not all computer monitors are calibrated the same, so when colors get tweaked they sometimes come out looking flourescent or just way off on other peoples machines. Which is how they look on my screen.

But there is a more definitive way of telling by looking at the EXIF data of the photo which shows you everything about the picture down to the make and model of the camera used.

If you open the EXIF data it shows you 2 thumbnails. The first one is the picture as you see it on the net and the second is the photo before it under went any manipulation. You can see that they are clearly two very different looking pics. As far as color is concerned.

Click on pics to see better
ss.jpg

ss1.jpg

I then took both pics and put them side by side
ss2.jpg

This is a good technique to learn when buying reptiles with people online. It helps you weed out bad sellers from good.

Lexi

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
No they where not photo shopped at all. I dont have photo shop. ,the only thing i did to these pics where "auto adjust color" which makes a dark pic light again.Wakka the citrus pastel was fired up, cause i had cheyenne in the tubb with him. puff im very Hurt that you would think i would do that. Theres no need for me to try to make my animals look any different from what they do, because i love my animals. But i did not photo shop my pics.

PuffDragon

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
When I say photo shopped, I don't mean the actual program I just meant it as a general reference to any program that will manipulate the picture in any way. Color, size, etc. The "auto adjust color" really changes the the colors and is a feature to stay away from. As you can see from my post above, it is a big difference in color before and after.

PuffDragon

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
I dunno, as this isn't the BOI and I don't care enough to find out. I can tell you that it looks nothing like the ones above as far as color. That is a nice soft yellow and the one above is a flourescent yellow/green.

Lexi

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
It brightens up pics..All of the pics i posted where Birghtend up.. puffs. thats all i was doing...Im not misrepresenting my animal at all by doing that.. if i was selling an animal i could see how it MIGHT be misrepresenting, but im not. and in no way did i mess with the color of my animal to begin with. The original pic did not have good lighting a was dull and dark...theres nothing wrong with having the pic brightend up, to make it look like it was taken in sunlight.

Lexi

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
PuffDragon said:
I dunno, as this isn't the BOI and I don't care enough to find out. I can tell you that it looks nothing like the ones above as far as color. That is a nice soft yellow and the one above is a flourescent yellow/green.
To me they look alotta alike..cause they are..none of my pics are "colored" altered besides me brighting up the pics, which does not mess with the TRUE color's of the animal.But i can tell every one that wakka does not have green in him, and i do not know why he looks like he does in that pic, maybe its his gray colors that he has. Then if you "dont care" why bring somthing like that up in the first place?

PuffDragon

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Last time I checked "auto color adjust" is not the same as "auto brightness/contrast adjust."

If you want to discuss it further, PM me. I will gladly talk to you about it. I have to goto class and won't be around til later.

DaveDragon

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Lexi said:
Ah, there's that Leopard Gecko you're trying to pass off as a Tegu!! :mrgreen: Dang they look great! It makes me want to breed our big Red with our Blue. He wants to but she's not willing. I'm not sure how far to let the courtship go before he might hurt her. I haven't heard back from Bobby for his advice.

Mike

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Those are some gorgeous animals, you should be proud. I especially like the hybrid tegu.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
T.C.