• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Couple more questions :)

colchester daz

5 Year Member
I have done my homework by reading lots of care sheets, but just to make double sure,

My Tegu is 4-5months old, how much food should i be giving him a day, ive been giving him about 6 locusts a day or i give him about 8 morio worms with a fluff/pinky twice a week,

Im about to start him on beef liver and turkey, but just wasnt to sure about quantity...

Also i have a watersoftner fitted at home, is it ok for me to use the softened water or should i be using normal tap water?....

Cheers
Darryl :roon

VARNYARD

Former Admin
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Darryl, I give my babies all they care to eat, except rodents. I give them one proper sized rodent twice a week. It is fine to give him ground turkey and liver now, and your water is fine as well.

laurarfl

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Just to throw in a thought....

I recently moved into a house with a salt based water softener. Some people do not suggest using that water for your pets because of the higher salt content. I was worried about it because I have two cats and a Burmese python with chronic kidney disease and they couldn't tolerate the added sodium. There is usually a water spigot left outside for your plants and such that also cannot tolerate the soft water, and that was suggested for the reptiles. Since my furries drink out of the toilet, we decided to leave it turned off.

colchester daz

5 Year Member
thanks for the helps guys, i do have 1 tap in the house that doesnt run off the softner, so if i need to i can still use that,

Im glad i signed up to this website, its proving to be most useful :cheers

Beasty

5 Year Member
colchester daz said:
Is it ok to feed my Tegu raw chicken at his age (4-5months) or should i be waiting till he's older

Why not? Raw ground Turkey is a dietary staple for nearly every tegu on here so what's the difference in Chicken and Turkey? A bird is a bird, right? Hatchlings to adults eat ground turkey. I see absolutely no difference...except the turkey might make 'em crash like Thanksgiving dinner. ;)
Feed 'em if ya got 'em!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pags1029