• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Commercial food

Memel

I want to give my girl a variety of food. I’ve seen canned food from zoo med.....has anyone tried this or has any opinion on it? Also I have read I could supplement with high quality dog and cat food.....any particular brand anyone has had success with?

I feed Tyrus Primal raw organic dog and cat foods, turkey, duck, rabbit, chicken expensive but I think the best another member suggested repti links I may try them

Memel

I really want to try the reptilinks but I don’t want to spend $75 minimum order on something she may not eat. Most of the other food I give her can be eaten by other critters in the house if she turns her nose up at it.

Tizzay89

I really want to try the reptilinks but I don’t want to spend $75 minimum order on something she may not eat. Most of the other food I give her can be eaten by other critters in the house if she turns her nose up at it.

Make your own.
Protein- insects,fish,red meat,poultry
Fat- fish/insects
Fiber- dandelion greens/tortuous pellets
Vitamins- vita mix powder/crushed egg shells
Fruits will add sugar/carbs/vitamins

Mix n match the ingredients for endless variety and flavor :p

P.s
Eggs are a great base to any homemade tegu DOG food :p

Walter1

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Make your own.
Protein- insects,fish,red meat,poultry
Fat- fish/insects
Fiber- dandelion greens/tortuous pellets
Vitamins- vita mix powder/crushed egg shells
Fruits will add sugar/carbs/vitamins

Mix n match the ingredients for endless variety and flavor :p

P.s
Eggs are a great base to any homemade tegu DOG food :p
Dandelions're especially good source for calcium.

Skullson

I was hesitant with reptilinks cause of the price as well, but I gotta say it was well worth it. My little one loves it and it really will fill her up for a couple days. I always mix up her diet but she loves ripping apart the links. That is actually how I got mine off solely insects. She is still addicted to hornworms and note enjoying fruit yet. Ive tried the canned zoo med but she prefers the links.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ilovecaimantegus1980