• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Columbian or Black and White

Patimus

5 Year Member
I know this question has been asked millons of times, and I am sorry. I would just like some help identifying her. I paid for an Argentine. I think it's an Argentine, but I want your opinions.

I know the some differences between them, scales, temperment, etc..

Well, she has the scales on her snout like an Argentine, but doesn't have alot of white on her back like I see on other owners pictures. Here are some pictures. Maybe you can help me.

2dlryw4.jpg

2rcsrj5.jpg

nyv37l.jpg

33a9zra.jpg

Patimus

5 Year Member
I realize he was shedding in this picture, his set up wasn't the greatest heat/UVB/humidity wise. Now I have all of those and my numbers are spot on. :)

Patimus

5 Year Member
Thank you, I figured it was, but I was unsure because of her temperment. I am trying hard to tame her, but all day today when I went into the room, she would go into her hide. She doesn't like me :(

dragonqueen4

5 Year Member
thats normal, shes just nervous..mine was like that at first too then he got used to me and doesnt hide anymore.

DaRealJoker

5 Year Member
She could be being difficult due to the tank. If you reach from above, (like a bird catches it's prey) they get scared. Since the "one-on-one time" starts stressfully, it ends up taking more time to get back to your previous progress point. Hope it helps. peace 8)