• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

color ??

RobK.

I notice that my baby Rhino gets almost dark brown when he's sleeping and he's next to the basking light . And light green when he's awake . Is that normal for them to change that much ?? I wouldn't think he is cold , its around 90 deg right there , and 118 right next to him under the basking light . ???

reptastic

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
I have never seen a green rhino before, but mines was much darker in color when sleeping than when he was up basking. Im not sure if its low temps that caused this but i think its normal since i never had any problems.

RobK.

reptastic said:
I have never seen a green rhino before, but mines was much darker in color when sleeping than when he was up basking. Im not sure if its low temps that caused this but i think its normal since i never had any problems.

when he's awake he has light green bars and a greenish color to him . But asleep he's light tan to brown .

hangtown530

Mine seems to be a lot darker when he is sleeping...I'm sure this is normal. The only time he really lightens up is when he's under the uvb. Then you can see all of his stripes and different orange and tans.

So your going all the way up to 120 for the basking area huh? I do about 105...What's everyone else doing?

reptastic

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Is it a olive green My temps ranged inbetween 110 and 120*(mid 80's cool side) mines did very well on those and grew almost as fast as my tegus, growing from 14-22" in 3 mos. From what i read they thrive best in hot temps.

reptastic

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Well mines passed away last summer in a house fire, i plan on getting another when i finish getting situated.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ilovecaimantegus1980