• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Color change?

kjphoto04

5 Year Member
When I got Petunia her facial scales were more white and now it seems that she is starting to turn brown? She just shed also, that is when I noticed it.

omgtaylorg

5 Year Member
Well she is probably pretty young im assuming, their heads are bright green when they are first born and then it fades away after time and sheds, they will change at a young age like that with shedding...just maturing i guess, thats all.

Tux

5 Year Member
Tegu's can get darker or lighter as they grow and shed, it's normal however a picture is worth 1000 words.

mr.tegu

5 Year Member
true pictures are great to have posted. also my tegu has changed colors a few times going from light to dark then back to much lighter, also with age your tegu stomach will start to turn an orange like color that looks real cool to

kjphoto04

5 Year Member
This is her in october
petunia.jpg
and her now
DSC08595.jpg

mr.tegu

5 Year Member
whoa!! mine didnt change that much, thats crazy. one thing i am confused about is the size of your tegu. my tegu grew 19 inches in under 4 months. is your diet and heating where it should be?

Schnab

5 Year Member
Wow that's a pretty dramatic colour change! I've read that tegus change colour through out their entire life. Mine's turning whiter.

kjphoto04

5 Year Member
Yes heating and food ios right, The picture above was taken a lot closer then the one below it. She is sleeping most of the week now though, every now and then I will see her and feed her.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
T.C.