• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Colombian tegu or mangrove monitor?

LiberalHunter72

Is it okay to take a tegu for walks around the park or even to a pond on a nice day? I was wondering because I have a park by my house and one of my dad's friends has a pond that's infested with fish, frogs, snakes, and other animals that a tegu would probably enjoy as a snack.

preston897

i would not feed him anything out of the pond like that. you dont know what is in the water and what sort of parasites they could have

brutus13

PRESTON is right. DO NOT feed him anything you catch or that is wild. You don't know where they have been or what they have been exposed to. I think your best bet is a bearded dragon. I have a male that weighs 1 1/2 lbs. He is a big boy and loves to hang out. There is no need for taming or anything of that matter. Research German Giant bearded dragons. They are the largest of thier kind, but like any lizard they must have the appropraite lighting. No matter what you get just for the cage and all the lights you are already looking at a couple hundred then you still need to by the reptile. Getting started is going to cost some money if you do it right. There are no short cuts for lizards.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ilovecaimantegus1980