• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Colombian or not?

Tikikitty95

So I got a tegu yesterday that I was told is an Argentine. When I got home I did a little looking around and at this point I really don't believe that he is. Here are some pictures of him:

What do you guys think
IMG_6017.jpg

IMG_6018.jpg

Hopefully this works

Tikikitty95

Here we go
[attachment=2645][attachment=2646]

Well I usually use that to determine what it is but this one was somewhat of a rescue.. I paid $50 for its "rehoming fee." The guy needed it gone ASAP so I didn't think too much of the low fee.

reptastic

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Lol i edited the original post for you, all you need is to copy the IMG url and paste it in your post it already has the IMG codes attached. Btw yes that is a columbian tegu, how big is s/he Looks good

montana

Leads me to think it is a Colombian..

Its head looks different than mine ..

Others on this forum who have had both will know right off ..

reptastic

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
I have owned both, the easiest ways to tell them apart is the loreal scale(spell check) columbians have 1 and mojority of argentines have 2, columbians have smooth scales were argentines have bumpy scales, and the white line down their side argentines have it and columbians dont

Tikikitty95

Thanks you guys. I thought he was Colombian... The guy I got him from said he is about 5-6 months old. He is really friendly and as calm as you can expect from a young one. I just hope with constant handling that he stays that way.

laurarfl

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Very nice Colombian. Price is not always an idicator because people get confused and list prices incorrectly. I have two tame Colombian adults that are very handleable.

Tikikitty95

So I've heard.. I'm going to handle him every day though and hopefully he will stay nice. I really didn't want a Colombian in the first place but I have him now so I'm going to make the best of it.

Jeremyxb12

5 Year Member
yes that is Colombian its the colombian gold tegu and you obviously got ripped of cause he should have rehomed for less than fifty especially if he told you it was an argentine

babyyitslove

hanniebann said:
colombian :D gold? Aren't they notoriously aggressive?
Not as terrible as people make it out to be. If I had to compare it to anything else, id say about as aggressive as a fussy leopard gecko. Settles after handling.
But now if you flip the script and the previous owner mistreated it, the aggression can be much more like a semi-angry tokay.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mightytegu