• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Cold arrival

jumanji

5 Year Member
I receieved a baby red tegu baby through overnight UPS last friday. Due to the weather conditions he was a little cold when I opened the box. He does not want to eat and is in his hide box all of the time. Is he wanting to hibernate due to the time of the year and getting cold. Or did the UPS guys toss him around and freak him out. I have his enclosure set up right an temps are good, (I have a temp gun). I have tried a variaty of foods and he has no interest. I have a blk & wht yearling that I got as a baby last year at this time and did not have this problem. Should I let it hibernate if that is what he is doing. I know you should not take them out of their hide box or feed them in their cage but if I do he will walk around taste his food with his tounge walk away and go back into his box and not come out. He took a couple of very small bites once.
Thanks

mr.king

5 Year Member
he might just be a little weirded out he just did spend at least a day in a box to be taken out into a new environment for feeding try using a cardboard box but if he doesn't eat hes probably trying to hybernate

jumanji

5 Year Member
He came out this morning around 11:00 and ate some scrambled eggs and turkey and is now laying in his warm spot. I hope it was just jet lag and being freaked out from the trauma of moving to a new state in a box!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pags1029