• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Cleaning Reptile Carpeting

dragonmetalhead

1,000+ Post Club
What is the best way to clean reptile carpeting? It is really great to use, but it is such a pain getting poo stains out.

dragonmetalhead

1,000+ Post Club
thiskidd95 said:
I would use a hose but I don't use the carpet for my tegus.

I don't either; the carpet is in the water dragon tank, although only on the upper story. She usually poops in her pool so I rarely have to clean the carpet much.

Draco D Tegu

You know, WD's need high humidity too....Reptile carpet won't cut it for long. I use ...ding ding ding....cypress mulch and it holds my % up around 85 to 90 (my guys didn't do well below 85% in the past.

Now...I DO have my iggies and my beardies on the carpet. I take it out back and hose it off....I use that astroturf stuff available at the Depot. I don't have problems with staining, but it's like 20 bucks for a 20 foot roll, so if it were to get too stained up, I'd just toss it and put new down.

james.w

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Draco D Tegu said:
You know, WD's need high humidity too....Reptile carpet won't cut it for long. I use ...ding ding ding....cypress mulch and it holds my % up around 85 to 90 (my guys didn't do well below 85% in the past.

Now...I DO have my iggies and my beardies on the carpet. I take it out back and hose it off....I use that astroturf stuff available at the Depot. I don't have problems with staining, but it's like 20 bucks for a 20 foot roll, so if it were to get too stained up, I'd just toss it and put new down.

Iguanas need high humidity as well.

dragonmetalhead

1,000+ Post Club
Draco D Tegu said:

Only the top level has carpeting because it constitutes a giant ledge made of chain-link style plastic and the carpet is to prevent food falling down and give the lizard a bit more traction.The bottom level is substrated with Zoo Med Eco-Earth. That stuff is wonderful, I use it for most of my critters.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ilovecaimantegus1980