• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Clap Training

Tegu Dude

Started working w my target trained tegu to come to a clap. So far so good. Im sure by tomorrow she will start coming w/o food.

Tegu Dude

I've been trying to post vids but youtube just keeps redirecting forever. Where else can you post vids? Tegus are the easiest & most intelegent animals I've ever worked with, & Ive worked with 10's of thousands of organisms over my lifetime. I waited to target train my 1st tegu until she was an adult, & I only presented the target to her 2 times in 1 week. By the next week she would ignore food and just go for the target. When I got my 1st baby blue, I placed her where she could see the adult going for the target, then waited until she was 1 year old & presented her w the target w/o food and she went for it. I'll post a pic of the target in a few mins. Just clap when your tegu is eating and watch what happens. I learned of lizard intelligence by whistling when the animals squirmed when being handled, to make them calm. Try saying look at that pretty (name) over and over when they are doing something. With my blue i started that, then whent to saying look at that little (woooo!) or some other noise. Now I can just yell wooo! and my blue comes to pappa. They love attention, espescially gentle rubs and being talked to. Any animal is interested in investigating noise, just like us.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
annettekirtont