• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Chubbs eating a mouse

JkiddReptiles

Grendel said:
Tegus Feeding on live animals is the normal process that occurs in nature, they are made for it, their instincts tell them to kill the mouse and eat it. I agree that putting a large rat with a small tegu or a snake in a confined space and leaving them alone would result in a dead or severely injured animal. In this video this was not the case. One could argue that never ever feeding live, is deliberately denying the true nature of the animal and forcing them to become a whimpy freak of nature that can't take care of itself.
The second point about feeding in public. I assume the concern is for the animal and not the humans looking at it. We all know that even a starved reptile that is stressed will not eat. So if this tegu was actually bothered by people looking at it eat, there would be NO video to comment on, end of story.

Couldn't have said it better my self. Thank you Grendel. I'll make updates of Chubbs or a thread for him.

TegusRawsome80 said:
I never stated it's illegal. I said it was irresponsible, which I still believe it was.

Well its what you believe man. I can't force you to think other wise.

TeguBuzz

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
I have nothing against live feeding, but prefer to feed frozen thawed for safety reasons. The only things I find wrong about this video are; being fed on a table, the mouse is a little too big for the tegu (manageable though), and the sheer number of kids surrounding the tegu and all that commotion could just make a stressful environment. All in all, I'm glad it all worked out fine and the tegu was not injured.

JkiddReptiles

TeguBuzz said:
I have nothing against live feeding, but prefer to feed frozen thawed for safety reasons. The only things I find wrong about this video are; being fed on a table, the mouse is a little too big for the tegu (manageable though), and the sheer number of kids surrounding the tegu and all that commotion could just make a stressful environment. All in all, I'm glad it all worked out fine and the tegu was not injured.

Thank you for your concern. Next time i'll feed him in a plastic tub. If I ever feel like he will be stressed out i'll feed him without a crowd. Also the mouse looks bigger in the video than it really was.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DoritoDan