• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Chubbs' cage.

striggs

5 Year Member
Here are some pix of Chubbs' cage. I wish it was still this clean. :lol:
I made it out of 80"x32" house doors.
Picture006b.jpg

Picture008.jpg

Picture009.jpg

Picture010.jpg

Picture019.jpg

Picture018.jpg

Picture022.jpg

teena146.jpg

ColdThirst

5 Year Member
Thats what i want mine to look like, any pointers to someone building one themselves to avoid or that would aid in the process?

striggs

5 Year Member
Well, I chose doors because they're lightweight & smooth but for the next cage I'd use plywood instead. Only because when I climbed inside of the cage while painting I knelt on the floor(bottom door) of the cage and almost punched a hole in it. It's made of the common house doors from home depot. I liked the look of the black outside & white inside but after a while the inside will just look dirty. lol I'd line the whole inside of the next cage with linoleum. It'll make it easier to clean and protect the inside from moisture.

RehabRalphy probably has the simplest step by step instructions I've seen on cage building though.
Here are some cages I built for my blood python & rtb.

Picture652.jpg

Picture661b.jpg

Picture658b.jpg

Picture659b.jpg

Picture662b.jpg

Picture672.jpg

Picture673.jpg

Picture674.jpg

ColdThirst

5 Year Member
I am about to start building my cage and i have a boa as well, im thinking of combining them together as one big unit, that i will hae to assemble inside my apt cuz it wont be able to fit in the doors.
And that one looks nice, too, looks professional.

striggs

5 Year Member
Far from professional, they coulda been better, but thanx. Now that I've built a few the next ones will be. The snakes cages are 4'x2'x18". The rtb is 5' & the blood is about 4.5 ' so they have a lil more growing to do before it's necessary.

greentriple

5 Year Member
You have skill. I'm going to start on my 6X3.5 cage this spring. I wanted an 8X3 but I can't get it in the door of the rep. room. I might go 8X3.5, but that seems like a waste of wood for what I can build the smaller one .

I got to say it again, very cool cages.

VARNYARD

Former Admin
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Awesome bro, great looking enclosures, I agree you do know what you are doing. Thanks for sharing them with us.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ilovecaimantegus1980