• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

chinese water dragon help

reptilecrazy666

okay so is this normal. my water dragon scratches his head then throws his head into his water. i dont know if its mites icant find any on him i cleaned his entire tank. idk if it is mites what do i do about them if you view this please put in your input

reptilecrazy666

hm idk iv only had him a month hes still a baby has not shed yet but people have told me you can literaly see the mites i cant see anything on him and i have very good eye sight please post back soon ;]

Ujarak

I havent kept any waterdragons in years but sounds like he is having a bad shed or something in his eyes. Was are the parameters of the tank? Substrate? Size? Temp? Humidity? How old he is? That kind of stuff. The more info the better someone might be able to help.

reptilecrazy666

temporarely he is in an 20 gallon high tank his custom tank is still being made i put paper towels down for bedding only because he got reptibark in his eye. temps 86 day time basking 92 humidity 70% night time 80 . hmm well he has not shed yet idk iv only had him amonth so hes a baby

dragonmetalhead

1,000+ Post Club
The water dragon I used to work with would dunk her snout in her water dish to try to get shed off, which sounds very similar to what yours is doing. Why did you jump to the conclusion of mites?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ilovecaimantegus1980