• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Chicken feeding didnt go well today :(

colchester daz

5 Year Member
Right, I defrosted some chicken strips yesterday for my Tegus breakfast this morning, they are only skinny little strips which i cut down in length making them no bigger than a locust or anything else he eats,

so .
he go's up to his bowl and starts eating the chicken, throwing it down his neck one after the other, and to me it looked like he was weasing or breathing a bit heavier, he didnt look right to me, he then started to throw his head side to side and he threw up some of the chicken ..... he waited a min and started to continue eating, so i thought maybe a bit got stuck or whatever happened he should be fine now, But it happened again so i took the chicken away from him and replaced his meal with some worms instead, he was weasing for a few moments after i removed the chicken, he sounded like he was gaging a bit too, by the time i left for work he had calmed down and was fine again,

did i do something wrong, should the chicken of been even smaller? or was it a case of the little fatty eating to fast??

If im honest it scared me a little bit... :bolt

colchester daz

5 Year Member
Really,

Well i did cut the chunks up quite small, i would say the thinkness of a chip by about 1inch long, sort of the same size as a locust...

ColdThirst

5 Year Member
Hmmm, mine whezzes when hes breathing while their somthing huge in his mouth like a whole mouse and then he moves his head around to try and work the food down his throat,

But they will eat everything in front of them no matter what, so if you fix them more food then you think their belly can hold theyll eat until they throw up, depending on how much you fed him and his size, you mught have just put too much on his plate rather than too big of pieces.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pags1029