• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Chewing bricks...

Savemygrave

My girl seems to have developed a fetish for chewing on some exposed bricks which she burrows under. She doesn't do it all the time but I catch her occasionally trying to have a nibble. Her diet is perfect, she eats fruit and veg and her food is always supplemented with either calcium or multi vits (habistat repton) unless whole prey.

Anyone else had a similar problem? I know tegus can be quirky, I'm just unsure if I'm missing something!

:)

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Savemygrave

Is her mouth OK from it, I hope? Yup, they're weird.
From what I can see she's absolutely fine, her mouth looks nice and healthy and her teeth too! She doesn't bite very hard, more of a scraping motion. She did it right after eating today too, she's definitely not hungry!

I do love her little quirks but I just hope she doesn't hurt herself!

Cody096

Is the brick somewhat in the way of where she may be trying to dig? My baby would nip and try to pull me if I didn't let him burrow under me.

Savemygrave

Is the brick somewhat in the way of where she may be trying to dig? My baby would nip and try to pull me if I didn't let him burrow under me.
It's a support under stone steps so she could be trying to move them.. although she's pretty good at doing that with her face and body! :')

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mightytegu