• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Chameleon or Tree Frogs?

Bwindi

I am buying a birthday present for my manfriend in August and I can't decide if I should get him a Chameleon or just an assortment of cool little tree frogs.

Here's what I have been going back and fourth on..

Chameleon
-More expensive
-risk of death (hard to keep babies alive)
-Would like one approx. 1 yr old
-Harder to find

Tree Frogs
-Maybe not as cool?
-could get just as expensive
-also, high risk of death

What do you guys think?

AND I need to find an enclosure... they would require the same or similar one anyway though...
:chin :chin :chin :chin

JohnMatthew

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
There's not really a high mortality rate for either so long as you do your research and provide them with good care. I have some white's tree frogs and I love them, especially when they start croaking at night, it makes me feel like I'm camping. :-D

brutus13

I have 7 tree frogs and I love them. They sounds at night are awesome. Down fall they are nocturnal and can't be held. I am looking at the blue amboloni panther camelions. They are great and can be held. Panther camelions are really great. I guess it all in your prefrence. They are both exspensive to buy and the up keep is 100% different. Tree frogs really don't need much.

Kingwolf26

5 Year Member
I would go with the tree frogs. they dont need the constant humidity in the air and they just go to the walls and preserve their moistness, just keep the enclosure wet or have a fountain or a river in it. I think the tree frogs are hardier, plus you dont want to give a friend a headache for his birthday

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mightytegu