• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Jaxon

hi. I’m new to this forum and don’t have a tegu but plan on getting one soon. I just wanted to know if there were any temperamental differences between the to. Thanks!

Walter1

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Welcome. Essentially the same thing. No differences in anything except price.

AlphaAlpha

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
What are the price veriations?

I've read that the only difference is the the colouration of them... B&W are stripey, the Chacoan is dappled or spotty and being called is a giant is a myph as the B&W's can grow to the same size.

Walter1

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Well, there's genuine confusion and outright deceit in these calls of giant, etc.

Some selective breeding, but often a call based on what parents look like, but who knows their genotype?

My advise is to contact Hector Berrios of Hector's Habitat in Tampa, FL, area. He line breeds and ethically so.

My four are beautiful WCs from Tegusonly.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ilovecaimantegus1980