• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Cant wait...

Tattz

Hello to all, My wife and I used to have a Argentine Black and White, but unfortunately when I joined the Army we had to take him to a Tegu rescue in Riverside County CA. We did not want to put George through the excess stress of moving. Now here we are 2 years later and regretting ever doing this, so we are going to be getting a new baby in a few weeks, and I am going to name him George II.

I have already started to get everything ready for him as far as his enclosure. It is not the home he will be in for life but it will do him good for at least a year or two.

I am very glad to have found such a good Tegu Forum site and I am looking forward to George II as I have not been able to find a reptile to fill the void left when George I left.

Toby_H

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Welcome to the site Tattz! A lot of great information can be found here.

Sad to hear you had to get ride of George. Is there any chance you could revisit the Tegu Rescue you donated him to and reclaim him? Or possibly another well cared for rescue?

If starting from scratch with a hatchling, I highly suggest buying from Bobby Hill (the host of this forum). I did a lot of Tegu reseach both before and after buying mine and Bobby's knowledge and reputation stood out above the rest. Having had one of Bobby's Tegus for a few years now I'm even more happy with my decision to buy from him than I was when I got him.

Since you've already had a Tegu for a while I'm sure you have a head start on the basics, but never hesitate to post a question here. Even simple "common sense" questions often spur off into conversations very helpful even to experienced owners.

Tattz

Thank you and we are planning on buying a Varn Yard Tegu, I have also been doing a lot of research on breeders and looking at reptile stores and so far Bobby's Tegus are what I have my sites on. I would love to have a Red Tegu but not able to afford a Red at the moment so I am going to get a Black and White, and yes the new Black and White will be named George II.....lol

Toby_H

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
I highly suggest you get the exact tegu you want and not 'wettle' for anything less.

I also live a life where $100 makes a difference, but keep in mind your Tegu will be a part of your life for many may years. You may need to make a bit of a sacrifice (delaying the purchase a month or two or denying yourself other purchases) in the short term... but the effects of this will only last a couple of months yet the result will last you many many years.

It would be a shame if everytime you 'played' with your Tegu you thought, "Wow, this guy is really awesome, but I do wish I would have gotten a Red"...

slideaboot

5 Year Member
Toby_H said:
I highly suggest you get the exact tegu you want and not 'wettle' for anything less.

I also live a life where $100 makes a difference, but keep in mind your Tegu will be a part of your life for many may years. You may need to make a bit of a sacrifice (delaying the purchase a month or two or denying yourself other purchases) in the short term... but the effects of this will only last a couple of months yet the result will last you many many years.

It would be a shame if everytime you 'played' with your Tegu you thought, "Wow, this guy is really awesome, but I do wish I would have gotten a Red"...

If this is something you can do, I agree with Toby. I "replaced" (not the right word, but that's kinda what I did with my tegu that passed earlier this year) with an Extreme Giant and started to second guess my purchase because he was $200 more than a regular B/W tegu. However, I could not be happier with my purchase. I had always wanted one (well, "always" as in, ever since I learned about them last year). I'm really glad I stuck to my guns and went with the extreme. I'm sure I'd be happy with a reg. b/w, but I'm ECSTATIC about my extreme. I'm starting to get the itch for a blue and a red, myself!

Tattz

The difference in price is not the reason as to why I am getting a B&W, which I do not think I will be unhappy with at all. And once we move back to the Southern half of the States I will be getting my Red then that way they can be outside making it easier to house multiples. The reason why I was going for the B&W is because there is babies available now, and to get a Red I would have to wait until next season. And since they are starting to hibernate that means I would have to wait until spring....lol...which I really really dont want to do. I have been without George for way tooo long.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeguSteff