• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Can you guys post pics of your High contrast Red Varnyard tegus

SuperSkylar

rhetoricx said:
Do you mean what happened to the 2011 reds? If so, thats still kind of a hot topic. That discussion usually ends up getting out of hand.

I do not have any reds, I have seen/heard the male reds tend to have the brighter coloring. The lighting can also change the coloring a little bit. My hybrid shows a little bit of color variation depending on the light I have him in.

Why is that? What happened with the 2011 reds?

james.w

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
SuperSkylar said:
rhetoricx said:
Do you mean what happened to the 2011 reds? If so, thats still kind of a hot topic. That discussion usually ends up getting out of hand.

I do not have any reds, I have seen/heard the male reds tend to have the brighter coloring. The lighting can also change the coloring a little bit. My hybrid shows a little bit of color variation depending on the light I have him in.

Nobody knows, from my understanding they never got shipped out and those with deposits never got refunds. Who knows if they ever even hatched or existed.

SuperSkylar

james.w said:
SuperSkylar said:
rhetoricx said:

Nobody knows, from my understanding they never got shipped out and those with deposits never got refunds. Who knows if they ever even hatched or existed.

Fuuuu... I put the down payment for an extreme giant and a high contrast red 2012 batch.. I thought Bobby was legit, I remember like 2 years ago everyone said his stuff was great.?.:huh: Also, I have been finding it strange because when I was sending him the money he couldn't reply fast enough, but for the past few days I have been emailing him and he hasn't replied... I don't mean to accuse him, I am just curious.

james.w

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Everything was great with him up until the 2011 season. He had some problems and didn't handle things well in my opinion.

Josh

Administrator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Skylar, we are just as puzzled as you are. Sadly we don't have any more of an answer than anyone else at this point...

Josh

Administrator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
I actually left him a voicemail this evening. I will update this thread if and when I talk to Bobby

TeguBuzz

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Prior to 2011, I would have vouched for Bobby. Now I'm uncertain, but I use to have 2 red females from him and a bw male that I sold earlier this year. He has a great stock, that's for sure.

reptastic

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
This was my male pyro from the '09 season, sadly he is no longer with us he was a real looker too

n5-1.jpg

laurarfl

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Both of the tegus in my photo, the red and B/w, were from Bobby's stock. I have been very impressed with his tegus. I have never had negative interactions with him, but I understand there are some issues this year.

reptastic

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
My house caught fire and he was on the floor that went up in the blaze , as well as a few other tegus and reptiles

Khoilie

Heres my red. He's got some yellow on his neck and jowls to give you another idea of what a red can look like with some yellow. He's a sub-adult. I have more pics posted here---> http://www.tegutalk.com/showthread.php?tid=10619#axzz1l24wBDuH
photo2-3.jpg

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sonny