• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

can we tell if im male or female?

VARNYARD

Former Admin
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Schnab said:
This thread has helped me confirme that my tegu is a girl. I measured her and checked her vent for buttons but so far nothing. And at 23", I think it's safe to say so too.

I would say without much doubt at all 99% all girl. :)

VARNYARD

Former Admin
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
This is an animal under 2ft long, look at the button, you must look close at this age/size, but it is there:

Attachments

• Sexing.JPG
    512 bytes · Views: 9
  • DSCN5028.JPG
    512 bytes · Views: 4

VARNYARD

Former Admin
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
This is females, note, no button:

Attachments

• DSCN5042.JPG
    512 bytes · Views: 5
  • BK.JPG
    512 bytes · Views: 3

mr.tegu

5 Year Member
lol bobby i cant see that good it took 5 min to see it after looking at the hi-lighted pic,lol im an old man!!

ashesc212

5 Year Member
Bobby - thanks for clearing this up. I knew I saw something on Lucky but he was small and I wasn't positive. Now he's bigger and his buttons are becoming slightly more pronounced. I have a pic on this thread of Lucky's buttons a month ago:

<!-- l --><a class="postlink-local" href="http://www.tegutalk.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=26&t=3269&p=36454&hilit=femoral+pores#p36454" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">viewtopic.php?f=26&t=3269&p=36454&hilit=femoral+pores#p36454</a><!-- l -->

Luvmytegu

5 Year Member
mr.tegu said:
Thats a real nice pic but people will need a pic of the vent and a pic of the head from above to search for spurs and jowls. real good clear pic though.
Ok MrTegu....Here's a pic of the vent and a head shot....What do you think?
BTW....That red/orange color on his underside, is that due to being a juvenile? I have noticed other tegs on here that don't have that color, but maybe they are adults.
IMG_2442.jpg

IMG_2439.jpg

Schnab

5 Year Member
I find it rather hard to see if there's any buttons in that shot, but I can tell you that the orange belly is normal. Tegu's turn that color while hibernating.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DoritoDan