• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Can anyone help...I need knowledge...

KSTAR

5 Year Member
i wanted to order an extreme but i decided to hold off...and i wanted to get my 1st red and another argentine b&w...i already have two but i wanted to house these 2 little guys 2gether when i get them..is it a good idea? and if so what sexes get along better 2gether? i wanted to get both of them females but i dont know if they will fight because theyre both females or should i get them males? ive always had my tegus in seperate enclosures all the time so i dont know what to do :roll:

KSTAR

5 Year Member
i have the female i inquired from you which is a female thats 18 months and i have a subadult which is about 2 and a half feet now and im pretty sure its a male and a year and some change now..and theyre 2gether when they roam around but i dont house them 2gether...

DaveDragon

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Your post was a little confusing. As long as the ones you're getting are the same size you could house them together, especially when they're young. Just watch them to be safe. The bigger one will usually take the food first, so you'll have to feed them separately. It would be best to introduce them in a neutral ground, otherwise the "home field" advantage will allow one to bully the other. When they are housed together. completely change the enclosure so it then doesn't belong to either of them.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
T.C.