• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Caiman Lizard Enclosure Questions about Filters

Fyndhorn

Hello everyone,

I am very excited as I am getting my first Caiman Lizard soon. An I have been very busy getting it's first home ready it is a 4x2x2 I attached a picture of it look down into the tank. (this will be his home for about a year) with 2/3 of the tank water and 1/3 of it land the water section is 8 inches deep (for now)

My question is about Filtering the water.

since I am not using a tub that can be taken dumped out and refilled I am aiming at making sure I have some decent filtration going I am ready want to opinions of the community.

Since his pool is arpox. 30Gals I was thinking so setting up an overflow into a Sump filter for it that will run all the time (with water heart in sump) and I was going to use my python clean and fill for each day for larger waste.

Do you think this will be enough, or should I consider an internal filter or canister filter in as well?

I plan to have 2 branches with a basking spots for him to climb to and a second basking spot over the water.

For bedding I am using Cyprus Mulch

I would welcome ANY thoughts/opinions/ideas

Thank you to everyone for your comments in advance :)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ilovecaimantegus1980