• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Walter1

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
72" is tight. 8 ft and up is better. Turnaround space at 3 ft is important for a 3-4 ft adult Argentine.

Check out some of the threads here. Custom builts are feasible for the mechanically inclined.

Side doors are better than lids for a variety of reasons.

Debita

1,000+ Post Club
Yes - agree with Walter. Tegus grow pretty fast, especially males. So - while a baby can be in that size, you'll need to turn around and buy new within about a year. I checked out the enclosure you specified, and you'll have a terrible time trying to get your heat to the right temp with all that screen on top. Pretty...but expensive for the size, and really not practical for a Tegu.

Make sure you check out TEGUSONLY.com where Rodney Irwin is rescuing Argentine Black/White Tegus . Great guy to work with and awesome animals. I have 2 of them and just love them. Also better prices than anywhere I've seen.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ilovecaimantegus1980