• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Cage Cleaner!?

sclevenger08

5 Year Member
So, today was tank cleaning day and I had previously bought this new R-Zilla Terrium Cleaner and after reading on it, I noticed that it really doesn't have any disinfectiant, more just to make your glass shiny and slightly deoderize.

Then I was thinking, darn to bad I can't use any of that spray-on clorox. Then I got to wondering about all those plant based and nature safe cleaning products coming out. Would those work? Or would they still be to dangerous.

To sum up, Im just wondering what ya'll think is best to clean tanks with?

Thanks.
Susan Lynn<3

Adam87

5 Year Member
grab naturl chemisrty "healthy habitat" i use its great stuff u can find it at any petco they also make like a mite off sorta thing but just read the bottle. they claim its so safe u can useit while ur reptile is still in its cage but im dont go that far haha

txrepgirl

5 Year Member
I use for all of my enclosures some regular vinegar. It comes in a one gallon jug. They have two different ones. One that is 5% and one that is 9% strong. I get the 9% one. I pour some of the vinegar into the enclosure and wipe the enclosure down with it. I let it soak for a while ( I recommend having the window open. It's very strong ). Then I use the rag that I wiped the enclosure down to get the rest of the vinegar out of the enclousre. Then I use my small hand held steam cleaner to rins of the enclosure. If you don't have a steam cleaner you can use some hot water and a clean rag to wipe the enclosure down. I let it air dry for a little while ( until I can't smell the vinegar any more ). Then I put the mulch and other things back into the enclosure. I like using vinegar to clean a lot of things because it is natural, non toxic, disinfects and it's cheap. It's very good to get the hard water stains of the glass or the water dish out.

Mr Critter

5 Year Member
You can use bleach 3% mixture with water. (3% bleach - 97% water)Then wipe off with damp rag & let dry.

sclevenger08

5 Year Member
Mr Critter: I never once thought about diluting the bleach and using it that way. It probably wouldn't smell as strong either.

txrepgirl: I don't think I could stand the smell of all the vinegar, but that is a great idea.

Adam87: I think i've heard of that stuff before, I'll definitly look into for something to use for a quick wipedown.

Thanks everyone for the thoughts.

lazyjr52

5 Year Member
I've been using Zoo Med's Wipe out 1 for years now and never had a problem with it. It is a disinfectant, cleaner and deodorizer. I buy the 32oz bottles for for all of my cages and it works great.

DaveDragon

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
We bought a gallon of Nolvasan at a local feed place. It's the blue stuff vets use. It gets diluted in distilled water and will last for a couple of months.

cornking4

5 Year Member
Roccal D. It's the stuff we use in the vet clinic, kills almost any protazoa or bacteria you can throw at it. It comes in a gallon jug which you mix with water and is 100% safe to all animals, even amphibians.

sclevenger08

5 Year Member
cornking4 said:
Roccal D. It's the stuff we use in the vet clinic, kills almost any protazoa or bacteria you can throw at it. It comes in a gallon jug which you mix with water and is 100% safe to all animals, even amphibians.

Would this stuff work for our turtle tank? Cause it seems no matter how much we clean that tank, it still gets just down right nasty.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
T.C.