• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Burmese Pythons US Range Expansion

AB^

5 Year Member
lol, look at the maps.
They really think this is feasible, what a bunch of retards

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.usgs.gov/newsroom/article.asp?ID=1875&from=rss_home">http://www.usgs.gov/newsroom/article.as ... m=rss_home</a><!-- m -->

gotherps?

5 Year Member
haha ive never kept a burmese but i kinda think the snow would do them in. i dont know what kind of "simaliar climates" texas, new mexico, arizona, and the carolinas have to indonesia and india but i know those states get snow.... lol propaganda from the anti reptile guys. theres a much bigger problem with feral cats and dogs nationwide but you dont hear anything about that.

ColdThirst

5 Year Member
Yeah I'm in NW Arkansas and I can tell you right now, no burm could live here year round, and also i like how their in the middle of the desert in Arizona thats even funnier.

shiftylarry

5 Year Member
Oh, you think that's funny? What about the Burms living in SF. The average temperature is 65. What a bunch of bologna. At least it's warm in Arkansas.

hoosier

5 Year Member
hahaha i live in MO and i know they couldnt live here, not even the lower part of the boot heel like they are saying. they just got 5-10'' of snow there last week!

VARNYARD

Former Admin
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
There is no way, burms do not hibernate, and our winters here in north Florida go down in the 20s. There is no way they could make it through winter.

PuffDragon

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Haha man I read this a few weeks ago and it's so absurd. These guys had a field day with it:

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.fieldherpforum.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=15048&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0&sid=1173a77ff09d4761d124bf967cbebf42">http://www.fieldherpforum.com/forum/vie ... 967cbebf42</a><!-- m -->

ApriliaRufo

5 Year Member
Ahh Burms in the NorCal Valley! Awesome, by the look of the map they may run rampant in Truckee where it snows 4 months a year. Watch out! Burmese Pythons in Lake Tahoe, slitherring across a frozen lake.

ColdThirst

5 Year Member
Ha burms in lake Tahoe. That water is like 40 degrees year round haha we went up there with our cousins once to go boating, they went skiing, I told them they were crazy.

hoosier

5 Year Member
I can see it now:
you are walking in the light curtin of falling snow. there is about 3-5'' on the ground already. you sense something is wrong but you ignore it and continue on your path. you pass a near by a loan oak tree when out of nowhere you are attacked by the Abominable Burm! you disapear and your screem just fades into the snowy curtin until all thats left is the faint sound of snow lightly kissing the ground.
should have listened to the government. it may have spared your bright and promising future.

DZLife

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
ApriliaRufo said:
Ahh Burms in the NorCal Valley! Awesome, by the look of the map they may run rampant in Truckee where it snows 4 months a year. Watch out! Burmese Pythons in Lake Tahoe, slitherring across a frozen lake.

Actually, when I was visiting one of my god-families there (in lake Tahoe), I did manage to sit on the tail of a large constrictor on the edge of a bunch of bushes...by the time I realized that it was the tail of a snake, it shot deeper into the bushes....I was REALLY bummed out...it must have been at least about 5 or 6 feet...I never did find out what it was. The pattern of the part of the tail that I did see look like that of a species of boa or python...I know that for sure. Not a ball python...that would have been cool though...

ApriliaRufo

5 Year Member
Thamnophis Gigas, not a boa or python. Neighbor has one. I can't get ahold of one yet. I'm not a fan of thamnophis or any of the rat/corn/milk/garters, but I like Gigas.

Mike

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
hoosier said:
I can see it now:
you are walking in the light curtin of falling snow. there is about 3-5'' on the ground already. you sense something is wrong but you ignore it and continue on your path. you pass a near by a loan oak tree when out of nowhere you are attacked by the Abominable Burm! you disapear and your screem just fades into the snowy curtin until all thats left is the faint sound of snow lightly kissing the ground.
should have listened to the government. it may have spared your bright and promising future.

:lol:

Yeah, this is bs.

DZLife

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Well, the fact that a few are living around San Diego, CA is a reality...in fact, about a year ago, Tammy, a friend of mine, has a fully grown adult red tail...he is huge! He got loose, and live outside for about 2 months!
She got him back, but the point still stands......about the other locations included in the range; complete BS!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
It’s_me