• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

building time

camb

5 Year Member
so i got about $175 worth of home depot gift cards for christmas and i am ready to build. its going to be 8x4x3 and made from heavy duty ply wood and a 2x4 frame on the bottom and front. the whole inside is going to be lined with linoleum as to seal it along with some aquarium sealant in the corners. the front will be 2 swing down doors/windows with window latches. and there will 3 lamps that will be in he enclosure (1 day heat, 1 night heat, and 1 uv). thats all i have planned so far. what do you think?

BSM

5 Year Member
might as well make the cage 8x4x4 as the ply comes in 8x4.
use 2 day and 1 night then all you have to due is add dirt, hides,etc + tegu
good luck

mr.tegu

5 Year Member
well you might be able to get your enclosure started for 175..just take your time building it and think ahead of how your going to do things as far as cuts and make sure you square everything. check out my enclosure in arg black and white section under arg blk and wht custom enclosure,, it seems the hardest part for most people is the doors and glass/plexiglass, im a carpenter for 12 years any questions just ask i would love to help

Kazzy

5 Year Member
I wouldn't bother with night heat. They need to cool down at night in order to rest. Unless the enclosure gets super cold, which in that case just hook up a heat pad.

camb

5 Year Member
thanx guy, and Mr. tegu i will defiantly check it out. and it gets down to nearly 65 on the hot side at night with out heat.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DoritoDan