• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Bugs on rocks in substrate

sage

I have some little gray bugs and there is quite a lot of them... They seem to be clustered in the crevasses of the rocks in the cage (too small for my phone to get a good pic). They don't look like mites they are oval not round but about the same size. I'm just wondering if they will bother the tegu they don't appear to be on her at all.
Thanks

sage

Also I'm using 100 percent cypress mulch from Agway which until now I would only get some gnats occasionally

sage

This is the best I could get. I had a real good video but it was too big

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1420345316386.png
    uploadfromtaptalk1420345316386.png
    1 MB · Views: 24

sage

Its the little gray oval in the middle

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1420370261828.png
    uploadfromtaptalk1420370261828.png
    680.2 KB · Views: 20

marydd

Hmm.. that does not look like a wood mite. That looks more like a regular mite. Im not an expert though. I will set it does look a bit big for a mite bit it's hard to size referance a pic. I would bag a couple of them up and take it to a vet to ask them. You also need to check your gu. Places to look for mites are around the eyes and around the genetals. If they are on your gu then I would assume mites.

marydd

If it does turn out to be mites this is a good product I hear.
Provent-a-mite.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1420392916598.png
    uploadfromtaptalk1420392916598.png
    93.5 KB · Views: 15

sage

OK thanks I don't think they are mights maybe just bugs they aren't on my tegu or any of my other snakes I'm just going to keep checking thanks for the help:)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pags1029