• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Brumation question

Espg714

I'm curious what you think happens in the wild? After the adults come out of brumation, there's a month or two before copulation, the eggs incubate, eventually hatch...and then there's only a few months before "winter" hits and they have no choice but to enter brumation....which, considering that their physiology has to prep for brumation to begin with, means the process is likely already underway within weeks of hatching.
I received my Tegu on Dec 5th he burrowed until the 11th. He when back down under and has been down ever since. He is about 4 months old and he arrived sluggish so im assuming he has been slowing down since the start of fall naturally.
Just going to let him be until he surfaces.
I have a temp monitor in the room i plan on housing as an adult and the tempreture is looking great for brumation. Naturally hot in summer and cool in the winter.
Im learning and it is exciting.
Also just started my isopods to go active with a clean up crew.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ilovecaimantegus1980