• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Breeder Of Blue's ???

james.w

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
KrazyReptileGirL said:
james.w said:
So his email response was recent?

yes,why is this a big deal? just curious? im really no trying to make enemies of him or anyone else here.

Like TeguBuzz said, it really has nothing to do with you. I just find it funny that he responds to emails from people that could potentially be customers, but not to people trying to get answers/refunds on the red tegus.

KrazyReptileGirL

TeguBuzz said:
KrazyReptileGirL said:
james.w said:

yes,why is this a big deal? just curious? im really no trying to make enemies of him or anyone else here.

He's been almost impossible to get a hold of and chooses not to inform others of what's going on with the red tegus many people have placed a deposit on. They were due a few months ago and people are beginning to think they've lost their deposits. Nobody is trying to make enemies, they just want a response.

oh ok..thats odd,that is not good business.

TeguBuzz

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
KrazyReptileGirL said:
TeguBuzz said:
KrazyReptileGirL said:
james.w said:

He's been almost impossible to get a hold of and chooses not to inform others of what's going on with the red tegus many people have placed a deposit on. They were due a few months ago and people are beginning to think they've lost their deposits. Nobody is trying to make enemies, they just want a response.

oh ok..thats odd,that is not good business.

Exactly, now you see our points.

TeguBuzz

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
KrazyReptileGirL said:
yes i see your point,i just recently signed up here,so i did not know this was going on, i apologise.

Nothing to apologize for. No worries!
RamblinRose said:
With the exception of albino blue, there is not one imperfection anyone has listed here or can list that cannot occur in other tegus, besides the blues. These things can happen to ANY type of tegu.... and "most" everything listed here is due to poor incubation or a malformed egg/eggs from the start.

I just saw this comment and you're completely right. Couldn't have been stated any better than that.

Bubblz Calhoun

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
RamblinRose said:
With the exception of albino blue, there is not one imperfection anyone has listed here or can list that cannot occur in other tegus, besides the blues. These things can happen to ANY type of tegu.... and "most" everything listed here is due to poor incubation or a malformed egg/eggs from the start.

As far as kinking,.. I'm not saying that it doesn't or can't happen with other tegus. But for what ever reason temps, malformed eggs or genetics. You can't ignore the fact that it occurs more often with Blues. From minor left or right hooks in the tail to spinal curvatures, you see more Blues with kinking issues.

More tegus are being bred and born in captivity every year. So if it was just incubation or malformed eggs and not something genetic,. then we should see it more in other tegus as well. Especially since few people bother to or do very little research until during breeding or after eggs have been laid.

Every week we see a post from someone who say's they've done all this research about tegus but still ask basic need to know care question. The same as yearling and older tegus being kept together and or sold with out the owners knowing the correct sex. So lack of breeding knowledge wouldn't be much different.

chelvis

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Blue tegus this year were really hard to come by for two reasons, 1.) no one really hatched out many and 2.) People who wanted a B&W could not get those due to the low level of hatchlings so some people choice a blue instead.

I have been lucky enough to own three blue tegus so far, I only currently have Bosco, and I have had no problems. I have seen a blue with an under bite, I have seen a red with an underbite. I have seen Blues with kinked tails and backs, there is a member here with an Extream with a kinked back. I have seen reds that are blind from coil UV blubs and Black and Whites with studded toes and growth. Most of what I have seen is from poor husbandry.

Sirhc401

Bobby needs to get it together. Correct me if I'm wrong but emailing a potential customer like that and continuing to leave the ppl with deposits on their red tegus in the dark. That is like a slap in the face. That is incredibly frustrating.

KrazyReptileGirL

yes i recently copied and pasted a response i got from bobby hill, i asked him if he bred blue's cuz i was interested.i posted his response cuz i was curious what others opinions on blue's might be,not peoples opinions of bobby hill.this apparently was my bad. i did not realize i was emailing the biggest tegu breeder in the world,nor did i realize i was emailing the original owner of this forum. i was told i could join this forum for all the tegu advice and help i would ever need.now im concerned i might have made the wrong decision.isnt this supposed to be a portal of friendly advice and counsel? and yet i see sarcasm and back stabbing, why? why do i see conflicting advice and counsel? is this supposed to be about raising healthy and happy tegu's? because to be honest thats not the vibe i get, and i have only been on here a week! no body i have ever met truly receives advice and counsel from know it all sarcastic smart asses, they just get advice and counsel elsewhere.people come here for help,and they take your advice as if spoken to them by god himself,so please get your facts straight so we can all have healthy and happy tegu's! cuz it really is only about the gu's!

james.w

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
KrazyReptileGirL said:
yes i recently copied and pasted a response i got from bobby hill, i asked him if he bred blue's cuz i was interested.i posted his response cuz i was curious what others opinions on blue's might be,not peoples opinions of bobby hill.this apparently was my bad. i did not realize i was emailing the biggest tegu breeder in the world,nor did i realize i was emailing the original owner of this forum. i was told i could join this forum for all the tegu advice and help i would ever need.now im concerned i might have made the wrong decision.isnt this supposed to be a portal of friendly advice and counsel? and yet i see sarcasm and back stabbing, why? why do i see conflicting advice and counsel? is this supposed to be about raising healthy and happy tegu's? because to be honest thats not the vibe i get, and i have only been on here a week! no body i have ever met truly receives advice and counsel from know it all sarcastic smart asses, they just get advice and counsel elsewhere.people come here for help,and they take your advice as if spoken to them by god himself,so please get your facts straight so we can all have healthy and happy tegu's! cuz it really is only about the gu's!

What are you talking about? Nobody in this post has been sarcastic or done any back stabbing. You are going to get conflicting advice anywhere you go, ask 5 people the same question about how to care for something and you will probably get at least 3 different answers. Why? Because there is more than one way to do things. Who here has acted as a know it all, sarcastic smart ass?

RamblinRose

5 Year Member
Bubblz Calhoun said:
[size=medium]As far as kinking,.. I'm not saying that it doesn't or can't happen with other tegus. But for what ever reason temps, malformed eggs or genetics. You can't ignore the fact that it occurs more often with Blues. From minor left or right hooks in the tail to spinal curvatures, you see more Blues with kinking issues.

More tegus are being bred and born in captivity every year. So if it was just incubation or malformed eggs and not something genetic,. then we should see it more in other tegus as well.

Bubblz, I am curious how many different blue parents have you ever seen babies out of? I am thinking it would be from the same couple of breeders year after year.
Therefore it would be hard for anyone to say, as those that have bred them are far and few between. Anyone that has produced blues with kinks and spinal problems in the past, (was only one in particular that I can recall)... but when you have the same breeder, kept breeding the same pair together, which was producing the same problems you have seen in a couple blue babies... well, that is just poor husbandry in my book.

I have seen just as many or more in other tegu types, myself. I am not sure why you have not, or maybe you just have not paid any attention to them?

You can have a completely non-related of reds or blk/wh's with the kinks and/or spinal problems. I fully believe those are incubation related, not genetic.

got10

RamblinRose said:
Bubblz Calhoun said:
[size=medium]As far as kinking,.. I'm not saying that it doesn't or can't happen with other tegus. But for what ever reason temps, malformed eggs or genetics. You can't ignore the fact that it occurs more often with Blues. From minor left or right hooks in the tail to spinal curvatures, you see more Blues with kinking issues.

More tegus are being bred and born in captivity every year. So if it was just incubation or malformed eggs and not something genetic,. then we should see it more in other tegus as well.

Bubblz, I am curious how many different blue parents have you ever seen babies out of? I am thinking it would be from the same couple of breeders year after year.
Therefore it would be hard for anyone to say, as those that have bred them are far and few between. Anyone that has produced blues with kinks and spinal problems in the past, (was only one in particular that I can recall)... but when you have the same breeder, kept breeding the same pair together, which was producing the same problems you have seen in a couple blue babies... well, that is just poor husbandry in my book.

I have seen just as many or more in other tegu types, myself. I am not sure why you have not, or maybe you just have not paid any attention to them?

You can have a completely non-related of reds or blk/wh's with the kinks and/or spinal problems. I fully believe those are incubation related, not genetic.

True true Im just wondering if blues are so , for lack of a better word , inbred Ned's . Why would they be used in the blood line of the AA's that everybody wants just as much as the blues themselves. Also shouldnt the extremes be all in the proverbial "genetic bottle neck" with such a small genepool as well?

Bubblz Calhoun

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Your beliefs are your beliefs just like I have mine, of course the breeders are pretty much the same because there are few Blue breeders. But,.. there is more than one breeder that has produced kinked Blues. Which isn't surprising since Blue lineage is questionable. It's a defect no matter why it occurred so I notice regardless of what type of animal it is.

Genetic or not that doesn't mean that every hatch ling will be affected by it or even show visible signs. Different scenarios, different reasons for the defect may be even a combination of both husbandry and genetics. Who knows for sure why it happens at that time,... nobody.

Got 10 the first clutch of AAs was a fluke from what Bobby said. The female hybrid some how got into a pin with Extremes. If he keeps records of breeding as well as he says then only time will tell what happens. He can only do so much it's out of his hands once they're sold.

As far as I'm concerned anything born with a defect especially when not known if it's genetic or not shouldn't be bred. Culled would be better since people are not responsible enough not to purposefully breed it just to see what happens or to make money.

got10

KrazyReptileGirL said:

I kinda understand why you feel that way , You asked about something and posted the response . That's all . The only thing people are perplexed about is why he wont respond to anyone that he has received money from. .So you sorta got caught in the crossfire here.
Plus Bobby is anti blue from jump He tends to hate them

Attachments

• 267476_2031865959538_1330803500_32395097_5674720_n.jpg
    267476_2031865959538_1330803500_32395097_5674720_n.jpg
    40.6 KB · Views: 10

KrazyReptileGirL

what i want to know is why would any one knowing continue to breed an animal if time after time they get so many deformed babies,and only a few good healthy ones,it just seems cruel to me, do they die suffering?do they get put down? when do people who claim to love these animals cross over to $$$ being what they love and being ok with animal cruelty? yes i will admit im very new to "tegu's". But i definately understand why Bobby would not do this,and many others who really love these animals. just sayin..

TeguBuzz

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
KrazyReptileGirL said:
what i want to know is why would any one knowing continue to breed an animal if time after time they get so many deformed babies,and only a few good healthy ones,it just seems cruel to me, do they die suffering?do they get put down? when do people who claim to love these animals cross over to $$$ being what they love and being ok with animal cruelty? yes i will admit im very new to "tegu's". But i definately understand why Bobby would not do this,and many others who really love these animals. just sayin..

You received false information. There aren't as many deformities as you think there are. In one of DaveDragons earlier clutches, there was only ONE baby that had a kink in its back. Bobby, as stated above, is anti-blue, and will do everything in his power to make others anti-blue as well. Don't take his word when it comes to blues, and you previously stated he knows the most about tegus, I disagree, he's just more popular than the rest. I'm pretty sure we have members on here that have had tegus just as long as he has. I know of other breeders that know just as much as him if not more but are not on here.

got10

I passed up buying blues in the past because of the misinformation I had received prior. I am glad I did my own research . Since then I have purchased my little blue girl .
But what I find very contradictory, is the fact the AA's are intentionally bred with blue blood as an integral part of the equation . And if inbreeding is the issue with the blues , would it not also be with the extremes being they are only bred from the limited stock that he owns . And from what I see he has no problem selling them .

Bubblz Calhoun

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Bubblz Calhoun said:

Got 10 the first clutch of AAs was a fluke from what Bobby said. The female hybrid some how got into a pin with Extremes. If he keeps records of breeding as well as he says then only time will tell what happens. He can only do so much it's out of his hands once they're sold.

Breeding Blues or Extremes with other tegus adds new blood/genetics. So if it (defects) are genetic from inbreeding then you're less likely to have the same issues.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ilovecaimantegus1980