• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Boon update, pic heavy

JohnMatthew

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Not sure if ya'll remember but last time I posed pics Boon was showing early signs of MBD. I've been pretty busy but I think it's time for an update.

Here's one of the pictures from 3 months ago where you can see for comparison:
100e0278.jpg

I upgraded my tubelights to 10.0 and bought a megaray for his basking spot and 1.5 months later here's how he's looking:
100_0300.jpg

Around this time Boon started to lunge at the top of his enclosure when he wanted out.. I'd take him out after work and let him bask in an open window the remainder of the day but couldn't prevent him from doing it while at work so I started building his outdoor enclosure. You can see in these pictures he's still got some scab on his nose but I've been treating it with neosporin and each shed it gets quite a bit better. The enclosure is 8x8. I used mostly 5/4 with chicken wire at the top and hardware cloth lining the bottom. His tube goes down to a box about 18 inches below ground and I put that chair on top of it to keep rain from getting down there. The blue dish is shallow and holds about an inch of water to keep ants off his food. He finished up his mice hoppers last week and now he's pounding weaned rats for the rodent portion of his diet. At the rate he's growing i'm going to have to upgrade his tunnel/hide before long! Tell me if ya'll think his MBD isn't looking much improved:

100_0346.jpg

100_0350.jpg

That black thing behind the chair is his designated toilet.. he always takes care of business in there for some reason :crazy
100_0351.jpg

100_0316.jpg

100_0333.jpg

100_0337.jpg

100_0338.jpg

100_0324.jpg

one step closer and i'm outta here!
100_0313.jpg

100_0343.jpg

It's kinda funny when he decides he doesn't want to go all the way down he'll scuttle up the tube backwards from this position :doh
100_0344.jpg

That's it for now, I'll try to get some better shots when he sheds.

VARNYARD

Former Admin
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
He is looking awesome now, I can't tell he ever had MBD in those pics, great job Bro!!

JohnMatthew

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Thanks everyone for the kind comments! He's one of Bobby's 2008 extreme giants so he's right about 1 year old. As for mosquitos and ticks, I've never had much issues with either, knock on wood.

JohnMatthew

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
stupid t-storm fried both my televisions and demolished my cable :bang

Thanks again for the support and kind comments.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mightytegu