• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Bobs to big for my scale

Orion

5 Year Member
I went to weigh my boy Bob this morning and found out he was to big for the kitchen scale. I usually put my Tegus in a cardboard box and weigh them. Not any more! Bob now has to go on the house scale in my bathroom. He is a 2009 Vanyard hatchling. He is 38 inches long and weighs in at 5 pounds 3 ounces.

Bob002.jpg

G

Yup Orion yours is bigger than mine !

That is one fantastic beast !

What did I get my self it to ??

Toby_H

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Orion said:
He is a 2009 Vanyard hatchling. He is 38 inches long and weighs in at 5 pounds 3 ounces.

I don't think you can call it a "hatchling" after it breaks 5 lbs :p

Orion

5 Year Member
Thanks, Montana. I have another, Tiny , that was hatched late in 2009 and he is 36 inches and a female , Yoshi, that was hatched last year and she was 30 inches but she is eating 2 times a day now so I have to measure and weigh her. I can she shes put on alot of weight in the last 3 weeks.

Yeah Toby, I guess I should work on my grammar skills.....Bob was hatched in 2009 :)

G

I got my Tegu in the fall and after a short settling in period crawled under his water bowl and went to sleep .

I don`t think he has grown at all .. He may not even be in his enclosure as far as I know .

If he is waiting for spring he will have a long wait Its ten below here today ..

BURRRRRRRRRR!!!

Orion

5 Year Member
I was really hoping all 3 would hibernate. No such luck. Each slowed down for a 2 week period. Turned the lights down and drew the heat wayyyy back. But BANG!!! They are eating like there is no tomorrow. The smallest one is eating 2x a day now. Last year Tiny didn't wake up until April. But there is no break for me this year. I will probably need to build a new cage by the end of spring.

10 degrees below 0.....YIKES!!! I cant imagine how many dogs you need on a night like that?

G

I only have 14 dogs now [not counting puppies ] ..
I used to keep up to twenty ..

Dogs fart in bed ...!!

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeguSteff