• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Bobby, How did you get into the tegu world?

jarett_Harrison

5 Year Member
Hey there! I was just thinking today about how excited i am to get my new tegu, and i was just wondering how you got into the tegu world. Where did you get your first tegu?

Jefroka

5 Year Member
When Bobby was a very young child he got lost in the wilds of Argentina where he was quickly adopted by a pack of Chacoans that were approximately 5' from snout to tail.

He lived with them for many years eating a diet of turkey and liver with an occassional rat and basked frequently in the sun to prevent MBD.

Each day was an adventure in survival, always trying to get enough food and fatten up as much as they could before hibernation set in.

He was very happy living with the tegus, even grew a tail. He was referred to as el ser humano que se convirtiÃ?Æ?Ã?³ en un lagarto (the human who became a lizard)

Then one day, the white man came...

...Jefroka

Fork

5 Year Member
Jefroka said:
When Bobby was a very young child he got lost in the wilds of Argentina where he was quickly adopted by a pack of Chacoans that were approximately 5' from snout to tail.

He lived with them for many years eating a diet of turkey and liver with an occassional rat and basked frequently in the sun to prevent MBD.

Each day was an adventure in survival, always trying to get enough food and fatten up as much as they could before hibernation set in.

He was very happy living with the tegus, even grew a tail. He was referred to as el ser humano que se convirtiÃ?Æ?Ã?³ en un lagarto (the human who became a lizard)

Then one day, the white man came...

...Jefroka

Wow, that's exactly what he told me when i asked him :yik

I know now for sure that it is fact. :rofl

VARNYARD

Former Admin
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
loin cloth? With scales this is not needed, LMAO, you guys are too funny!!! :rofl :app Life is too short, ya gotta have fun. :)

As for the topic, as stated before: When I was a very young child I got lost in the wilds of Argentina where I was quickly adopted by a pack of Chacoans that were approximately 5' from snout to tail.

I lived with them for many years eating a diet of turkey and liver with an occassional rat and basked frequently in the sun to prevent MBD.

I was very happy living with the tegus, even grew a tail. I was referred to as el ser humano que se convirtiÃ?Æ?Ã?³ en un lagarto (the human who became a lizard)

As Paul Harvey says: Now I will tell you the rest of the story, lol.

I started 10 or 12 years ago with a rescue black and white, at the time I was doing monitors. I found the tegu to be so much better than the monitors I worked with, and really had so much personalty. I then wanted more, 1 turned into 3, and 3 into many, and today I have more than I can count, lol.

White_Lotus

5 Year Member
OMFG!!! NNNOOOOO!!! If you started with 1 then went to 3 then went to a whole lot...whats gonna happen to me D=!!! i started with one and fell in love with her now 4 months later i have 3 D= am i gonna turn out into a tegu breeder living in Florida?!!! You mind if i work with you Bobby lol? j/k :cheers I'm glad you got into tegus =)

Bentley83

5 Year Member
I had one tegu fell in love with it and now I have 3 tegus and looks like I might be getting a fourth.

Chris

reptastic

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
i think this is an epedemic lol a good one though, i had one, then three, soon to be 4(would be 5) who knows how many i will have by next year lol!

txrepgirl

5 Year Member
LOL. You all crack me up :) .

That sounds like me. At first I didn't want such a big lizard because I didn't want to get bit by one that big and because of the big sharp claws. But my boyfriend wanted one for so long. So after doing some research I sad OK. I got him one and I fell in love with Leonidas as soon as I saw him ( he was 7" ). Then we got a rescue. Then I saw the ones I wanted for a long long time ( the powder blue/red hybrids ). Then I saw the All Americans. So I know how you all feel about starting out with just one, falling in love with it and then getting more. Booby is my icon :) .

VARNYARD

Former Admin
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
I know all too well how hard it is to say no, to one more tegu, lol. The dang things grow on you, I really never had this problem with other reptiles too much, what is it about these dang tegus? :shock: :roll: :lol:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mightytegu