• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Bob Clark sells Fluffy!!!

DaveDragon

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
World's largest snake in captivity.

http://apnews.excite.com/article/20080114/D8U5SUGG0.html

http://www.bobclark.com/d_learn.asp?id=71

retic_fluffy.jpg

nat

5 Year Member
its awesome that he is allowing him to be shared with the world though... we need more positive media about reptiles out there!

ApriliaRufo

5 Year Member
Doesn't matter that he was paid 35k, because a pet has no price. I know that if it was me, I would allow a (compitent) zoo to care for one of my pets to educate the world, but no money on earth would be enough to "sell" one of my children. Only flaw in zoos is that unfortunately many don't research anything and are majorly misinformed and try "experimental" diets. We used to have 3 Bengal monitors at our zoo, but the retarded diet of canned monitor food, ground turkey, and cat food caused some good old kidney failure and killed one.

erk

5 Year Member
I'm sure he's not losing any sleep over the sale of his "pet", especially with 35 grand tucked under his pillow.

Go to the BOI and read the alleged shady deeds this gentleman has committed in the past.

ApriliaRufo

5 Year Member
erk said:
I'm sure he's not losing any sleep over the sale of his "pet", especially with 35 grand tucked under his pillow.

Go to the BOI and read the alleged shady deeds this gentleman has committed in the past.

that's all the evidence I need. Lol. done and done.

erk

5 Year Member
RehabRalphy said:
Psh, sold Fluffy for the money. What an idiot

Don't get me wrong.... $money$ is fun and I sure would like 35 big ones, but we are talking about "Fluffy, a 24-foot python billed as the largest snake in captivity". Maybe he needs the money because maybe his business isn't doing so well. I'm just speculating.

...one more time "Fluffy, a 24-foot python billed as the largest snake in captivity"

My dog's name is scaley.

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://apnews.excite.com/article/20080114/D8U5SUGG0.html">http://apnews.excite.com/article/200801 ... SUGG0.html</a><!-- m -->

eddiezahra

5 Year Member
it's not like he can never see it again... he has gotten alot of "outside the reptile world" publicity now and could probably walk in there and visit whenever he feels like. they offered him the money remember, he didn't say "pay me this much". all i'm sayin is look at both sides of the story maybe?

DZLife

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
olympus said:
That thing can kill a human. I wouldn't sell it.

Your snake doesn't have to be 24 feet to be capable of killing a human.
A 10 foot snake can kill a human depending on the type.
I'm referring to constricors, not venemous snakes.

shiftylarry

5 Year Member
Thad, the owner's son at the pet store I work at got bit in the stomach by a 12 ft super tiger. It sucked. I'm sooooooooooooo glad I don't own a retic. I really think it's a macho thing to have a snake so big that you need a crew of three men to handle it.

DZLife

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
shiftylarry said:
Thad, the owner's son at the pet store I work at got bit in the stomach by a 12 ft super tiger. It sucked. I'm sooooooooooooo glad I don't own a retic. I really think it's a macho thing to have a snake so big that you need a crew of three men to handle it.

OUCH, that must have sucked!

gebris353

5 Year Member
Omg, that's a huge snake hehe, but yeah I preffer lizards and dont think I could sell my best friend of the last 12 years, I know there may be money problems but come on, 12 years! I would give it to the best zoo around just for her to be ok if I cant take care of her. In fact with that size and weight the guy must have a huge place, more like a mine jungle just for her, you cant just have it in a room...

CaseyUndead

5 Year Member
I'm surprised that he sold Fluffy.. But he's buddies with Jack Hanna, who's a director at that zoo, so i'm sure he can go see her anytime.

What's with all the bad-mouthing big snakes? Retics rock, guys!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ilovecaimantegus1980