• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

BLUE TEGU BEHAVIOR!! For All Blue Tegu Owners...

KSTAR

5 Year Member
Ok so yes I've owned plenty of animals from ball pythons to Burms to Retics To Monitors And Tegus And the list goes on! But there's no other tegu that acts the way Blue Tegus do lol....All My Blues Are Messy! Lol...they slam they're food around while eating and mush it around all over the place like the ground turkey and they shake and slam and bite they're rodents for minutes until they eat them and they run around they're enclosures digging holes all over and throwing the bedding into the water bowls and for the first time this year are very skittish! But practice will make perfect and I will just have to work with Wapo more....But does anyone else notice this behavior from them?

KSTAR

5 Year Member
@Bubblz Calhoun Really? My 3 blues all do that and my hybrid never played with food lol as soon is was in sight she consumed it all till nothing was left...my blues mush they're face in it and smear it all over then eat it lol...and my black and whites never did anything like that either...and that little tail dance they do is so funny looking I never dealt with it till I got my extreme giant...she was the first to do it

laurarfl

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Some of mine do it and some just eat. I have a Colombian that is so messy. She slams rodents, shakes them, drags them. She walks through the meat, drags it around. We call her "Meat Feet" or "Meat Face". Her scientific name is Carnipedotaur. :)

chelvis

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Sounds like a young tegu. My two adult blues just gulp everything down now. They have to learn they don't have to really "kill" it to eat it. But I have seen this with baby reds, blues, golds and black and whites; have also seen it in quit a few monitors I've kept over the years.

KSTAR

5 Year Member
@chelvis @laurarfl @TeguBuzz Wow I never knew that and never heard from other ppl that they're tegus which aren't blues also do the same thing...my Colombians , Reds , hybrids and monitors didn't eat like my blues...I mean it doesn't bother me its just different and sometimes messy...especially since Wapo rags frozen thawed mice As if they're alive and splits them in half! And still eats both half's hahaha...he's a trip

KSTAR

5 Year Member
@chelvis @laurarfl @TeguBuzz Wow I never knew that and never heard from other ppl that they're tegus which aren't blues also do the same thing...my Colombians , Reds , hybrids and monitors didn't eat like my blues...I mean it doesn't bother me its just different and sometimes messy...especially since Wapo rags frozen thawed mice As if they're alive and splits them in half! And still eats both half's hahaha...he's a trip

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mightytegu