• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Blk/Wht Tegu Behavior

Penny&Dollar

Okay so today I left both male and female blk/wht tegus in their enclosure without taking them out cause I want them to hibernate. My female just bask for about an hour maybe two and went down haven't seen her all day. My male just doesn't want too, I went grocery shopping came back and he destroyed everything. I mean everything in the enclosure both lights plexiglass door. Don't know how but he did moved all the substrate from the right to the left and made a mountain that reaches the lights popped both lights don't know what to do with this guy. The only thing I found funny was I never knew how long and that they can even use their tail to stand up and reach higher Lolol he looked like air tegu all he needed was a rim and ball lolol

Attachments

• 20131003_124805.jpg
    20131003_124805.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 47
  • 20131003_124705.jpg
    20131003_124705.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 46

laurarfl

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Yeah, they are each their own little personalities! I have a pair of yearlings together in a 6x3 with mulch substrate. They aren't as active as they used to be, but they are still feeding and coming up a bit. One day I looked in the cage and looked like ALL the mulch was gone. What the... The cage has a basking shelf with a ramp that leads up to it. They had taken ALL the mulch and made a mound under the ramp and there is only about an inch left all around the other side. They crack me up. And yes, they will tripod. It's kinda cute.

Penny&Dollar

@jeremy they have been together since I got my male to 6 months old cause the female is old she like 8 the male a year and half had them outside but do to my condo code I cant keep them outside nomore so had to bring them in the female is cool with it cause for two y ears shewas an inside gu but the male has always been out side since I got him at three months old in a small 4x2x2 tegu escape proof enclosure till he was six months old and threw him in with my female.

Bubblz Calhoun

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
A light cage guard would help keep him from the lights. Since rearranging or just trashing their enclosure, (lights included when they're reachable) can be a common thing. As for tripoding... yep, their tail is used for more than just whipping :p

@jeremy they have been together since I got my male to 6 months old cause the female is old she like 8 the male a year and half had them outside but do to my condo code I cant keep them outside nomore so had to bring them in the female is cool with it cause for two y ears shewas an inside gu but the male has always been out side since I got him at three months old in a small 4x2x2 tegu escape proof enclosure till he was six months old and threw him in with my female.
well hopefully they acclimate to the new enclosure soon, but the i recommend not making it look all fancy in the enclosure until they do so. i hope all goes well man. see if u cant place the lighting outside the cage with just one bulb that has uv, uva, and uvb, solar glo bulb amazon is were i got mine, so u don't go trough a lot of light fixtures. good luck man

Penny&Dollar

@bubblz were can I buy one ive been too four reptile shops and its like they just don't carry them or don't ever have them in stock.

@jeremy flanagan thats the bulb I always use the zoomed one I use it for my blues and my blk/whts but the male just brakes everything abd those bulbs are hard to find I either have to drive to Miami beach petco store or order from big apple hurps but they have gotten ridiculous with shipping prices. So I just decided to do two lights cause I can always find them but he just pops everything. Thnx but I just ordered a light guard from amazon lets see what happens

Penny&Dollar

Thnx laura....hey quick question my blues didn't come out all day today but they eat yesterday is this a problem do I have to wake them up or leave them alone?

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeguSteff