• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Black Vs. White: The Poop, not the Lizard

Shigfugjum

I am caring for Rhea, a roughly 7 month old female B&W Argentine; this is my first Tegu, and I was a little curious about her feces. Sometimes it is white (with little tinges of pale yellow), and other times it is brown or dark brown. Both seem to have the same consistancy, solid and wet, and appear with about the same frequency. Occasionally she poops out both (usually it's mostly brown with flecks of white or yellow attached). The Brown poop seems to be significantly more aromatic. Is one colour healthier for her? She appears to be on a one-poop-a-day schedule - is that too frequent?

For her diet, I feed her primarily homemade meatballs consisting of ground lean turkey, blended blueberries, and calcium/nutrient supplement. I also have frozen chicken hearts that I give her once or twice a week. And as a treat, I occasionally give her bugs, cooked eggs, or a live mouse. It's been about 2 weeks since she ate a mouse. She's been fairly good about eating, though today she was in a mood and wasn't interested in the meatballs.

marydd

The white is actually pee. The brown is poopy. That's why the brown smells worse.
I suggest more whole prey. I do not feed live because of the risk of injury to the gu. Mine loves frozen thawed. More fruit variety may be an idea also.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mightytegu