• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Black nose tegu?!?

TeguHoodlum86

I've seen someone post something online about how bobby varnyard bred "black nose tegus" a couple of years back. Was he the only one to do so?

got10

TeguHoodlum86 said:
I've seen someone post something online about how bobby varnyard bred "black nose tegus" a couple of years back. Was he the only one to do so?

no not at all . you can still find them from breeders and imports as well

Bubblz Calhoun

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Bobby use too but I haven't seen them on his site for quite some time. I haven't seen anyone else who specifically breeds black noses/heads. It's usually a Black nose/head with a typical B&W.

I know Wil has at least one (might have a clutch later this year) but I don't know if that's a specific trait he's breeding for or not.

TheTeguGurl

I have a really nice looking Black nose female. I got her from a local store in my area and not from the breeder Bobby.. I am unsure thou what breeder it was

Attachments

• DSCF1347.JPG
    DSCF1347.JPG
    2.6 MB · Views: 33

M4A2E4

I got a regular arg. tegu from Bobby, but he looks a lot like a black nose male :p

Speaking of which, do black noses ever get rid of the brown color on their backs? Taco is over 2 years old now and, aside from the brown/dark coloration on his head, he still has juvenile-looking color patterns.

Wil

5 Year Member
I have two with dark noses. I may try to breed them this year and see what happens, not sure yet.

Des2.jpg

Des.jpg

laurarfl

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
I thought about you when I was driving through South Carolina last week, Wil. My husband wants to build an outside tegu enclosure. I'll have to pm you one day.

Wil

5 Year Member
Laura,
What part of SC did you drive through? You are always welcome to call me. I have some new ideas on building some outdoor pens that I might try this year.

laurarfl

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
We drove through hwy26 on the way to TN. We went through Columbia and such. You'll have to start a new thread on your outdoor enclosures.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mightytegu