• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

black and white

pitbull0811

this is my first tegu i think its a male can you help me pls hes 18"long i dont know how old is he is there a way i could find out how old he is. he is so sweet i had him for 5 month and i call him zeus love to walk around the house.he is missing some toes from the previous owner he is do so good now i love him so much i can wait to get a red one or blue one..

more pics of my tegu

Attachments

• Photo 207.jpg
    Photo 207.jpg
    94.9 KB · Views: 18
  • Photo 211.jpg
    Photo 211.jpg
    93.1 KB · Views: 20
  • Photo 204.jpg
    Photo 204.jpg
    102 KB · Views: 18
  • Photo 205.jpg
    Photo 205.jpg
    92.8 KB · Views: 18
  • Photo 206.jpg
    Photo 206.jpg
    92.6 KB · Views: 17
pitbull0811 said:
this is my first tegu i think its a male can you help me pls hes 18"long i dont know how old is he is there a way i could find out how old he is. he is so sweet i had him for 5 month and i call him zeus love to walk around the house.he is missing some toes from the previous owner he is do so good now i love him so much i can wait to get a red one or blue one..

Your Tegu looks to be around a year or so old. But it seems nobody cared who your Tegu was until he put on the scales.

pitbull0811

Quartzyellowjacket said:
pitbull0811 said:

Your Tegu looks to be around a year or so old. But it seems nobody cared who your Tegu was until he put on the scales.

thank you so much can you tell the sex if hes a male or female

pitbull0811 said:
Quartzyellowjacket said:
pitbull0811 said:

thank you so much can you tell the sex if hes a male or female

Well I'm not an expert, but I don't see jowls but that doesn't mean anything, consult a more knowledgeable person. But I was hoping you would point out the Batman quote.

rayn2754

If you go under general discussion and see important threads there is a very good one to help determine sex.
http://www.tegutalk.com/showthread.php?tid=10040

kim86

I think he looks like he hasn't gotten enough calcium/UVB lighting... kinda looks like the deformed tegu that Bobby posted on YouTube that was given d3 supplements in lieu of UVB lighting. His whole body looks kinda stuffed together.

Skeetzy

kim86 said:
I think he looks like he hasn't gotten enough calcium/UVB lighting... kinda looks like the deformed tegu that Bobby posted on YouTube that was given d3 supplements in lieu of UVB lighting. His whole body looks kinda stuffed together.

Was thinking the same exact thing. I'd bring him to a vet to get him checked out. Can never be too safe right?

kim86

Here's the video that I mentioned: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9rxhuuIcnTA

Looks very similar to yours.

pitbull0811

kim86 said:
Here's the video that I mentioned: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9rxhuuIcnTA

Looks very similar to yours.

thank you so much for the info i hope hes not sick i got him from this website he move around the house and arch his back when i play with him and i got uvb on him his cage is around 85 to 95

laurarfl

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
His basking spot needs to be hotter, upwards of 105 at least. And even though he has a UVB, he needs to have enough calcium in his diet, too.

pitbull0811

laurarfl said:
His basking spot needs to be hotter, upwards of 105 at least. And even though he has a UVB, he needs to have enough calcium in his diet, too.

ok thank you and can i give him repti calcium

BatGirl1

1,000+ Post Club
Re: RE: black and white

pitbull0811 said:

more pics of my tegu

My tegu is 18" long and is a baby...yours does seem stocky and like shorter than he should be according to his body mass...
Although I'm no expert.I agree about the Bobby video.I've seen it too and does look similar.this is my tegu at 18" for comparison...

Sent from my ZTE-Z990G using Tapatalk 2

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1348154292771.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1348154292771.jpg
    130.9 KB · Views: 12

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mightytegu