• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Bity gu

desz0000

Hello all. I just recently rescued a three year old Arg. b/w tegu (named her Darla). She was kept very poorly no human interaction, fed live mice in her enclosure also never handled. When i picked her up from the guy she was very dehydrated and emaciated. Got her home , food and water in her. I do not feed any of my Tegus in there enclosures. So the gloves had to be used for a while. She has turned around completley health wise. Put on a bunch of weight and gets her roam time and baths daily. At first she was really motion aggressive towards anything. Ive been working with her daily and it defintley shows. So my major problem now is. When i have her out after she is fed and stuffed. I usually put her in my lap for some bond time. She like being petted. But as soon as she notices my hand is close she take a wiff or two the attempts a bite. Nothing super aggressive but still tries. What should I do? It is getting frustrating. Any advice would help. Thank you and happy holidays to all

Bubblz Calhoun

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Wash your hands after handling any food and other pets before handling her and also give her time to settle down after feeding. Since she's use to being fed live prey small things that move including you fingers can trigger a feeding response.

desz0000

Thank you very much bubbles. She is getting better. Just time I guess. Didn't know if I smashing a little trick or something. I also do not feed any of my here's live prey except the pixies and chameleons, everybody else is f/t.

desz0000

Here are some pics of the day we brought her home

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1387924737681.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1387924737681.jpg
    70.7 KB · Views: 29

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member