• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

bit confused

damo

5 Year Member
im going to look at a couple of tegus at the weekend my girlfriend wants a black and white i want a female the black and white is definately male and he has two younger reds which he is getting sexed before i see them ive read the the columbian red is a bit more aggresive and easily spooked can you get red argentinian tegus

DaveDragon

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Columbian Tegu's are normally black & white or black & gold, I've never seen a red one.

The Argentine's have a black & white "stripe" down their sides, Columbian's don't. Argentine's have "beaded" scales, the Columbian's are smooth. There's also a difference in the loreal scale count in front of their eyes.

Here's some more info. http://tegutalk.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2407&highlight=loreal

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ilovecaimantegus1980