• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

big wuss lol!

reptastic

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
so i took nero out today to get some natural sun, i let her in the grass to do her business, then after a while of strolling through the grass we sat on my porch while i took some pics. meanwhile people are coming up asking about her , petting her and so on, she was really focusing on the cars going by i mean she was really watching them intently( i live on a busy street), my next door neighbor was mowing his lawn none of this fazed her in the least. so a little bird flew on the porch with us(you know those really small brown ones) i thought she would attack it but no she freaks out runs up the stairs, try to get in the door but it was closed so she paced around the porch until i opened it for her. now this is the same tegu that strolls around the house wih those big pitbulls and have them in check lol but is scared of a little bird hahahaha! well here are some pics of her outside today!

IMAGE_601-1.jpg

IMAGE_602-1.jpg

IMAGE_604-1.jpg

IMAGE_606-1.jpg

DMBizeau

most reptiles have a natural fear of birds. Considering how well their eyesight is she probably thought it was an eagle coming to get her :) . Nice pics, she is looking great.

reptastic

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
yeah i kinda figured that but a tiny lil birdy thats smaller than a mouse lol come on she eats rats bigger than that, and thanks im waiting her to shed again they been so far and in between lately!

chelvis

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
lol... ah poor Nero, maybe she was just confused why dinner was flying at her.

preston897

that is too funny. she will get brave one day and try to catch one of those birds. she is still a baby! a big baby at that....

VARNYARD

Former Admin
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Your tegu seen a shadow, he was probably thinking Harpy Eagles.

It might be due to the Harpy Eagles, these eagles are forest-dwelling giants that prey on such large mammals as deer and monkeys, using the huge, powerful, hooked talons on their feet. It is the largest and most powerful raptor found in America, and among the largest extant species of eagles in the world. It usually inhabits tropical lowland rainforests in the upper (emergent) canopy layer.

The Harpy Eagle has a body length of 35 - 41 inches, a 6 1/2 -foot wingspan, and weighs 10 - 20 pounds. The female can be as much as twice as heavy as her mate.
HABITAT: Harpy Eagles are found in tropical lowland forests from southeastern Mexico to northern Argentina and southern Brazil. This bird prefers large expanses of uninterrupted forest, but will hunt in open areas adjacent to forest patches.
DIET: Harpy Eagles feed primarily on animals that live in the trees, like sloths, monkeys, opossums, and some reptiles and birds. Harpy Eagles are highly maneuverable fliers and strike their prey after a rapid pursuit through the trees.

Attachments

• 220px-Harpia_harpyja_001_800.jpg
    512 bytes · Views: 1
  • 220px-Harpy_Eagle_Range_svg.png
    512 bytes · Views: 1

brutus13

Wow that's an insane bird hell I'm scared now lol. Your tegu is beautiful and getting big. Mine will be here in august!! I'm so excited. I can't wait to share my stories!

eddyjack

Please excuse me as I am a bit new to all of this and a little color challenged as well. Is Nero a Red? Again please pardon me, I simply do not know all the different breeds just yet. I ask for two reasons 1. DUH-AM she is cute and 2. How old is she? she is so....big, I I I mean large, I mean well developed....awe hell! :doh I mean no offense by "big" Nero your just so, all grown up!

reptastic

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
lol @ eddy, nero is a "black nose" b/w, and she will be 1 y/o on the 29th of this month(hooray hehehe) im pretty sure she dont mind being called big, i lovingly dubbed her "wide load coming through" when she was like 6 mo! she is so big because she didnt hibernate and on top of that she never stopped eating either!

rrcoolj

5 Year Member
lol that's funny. Don' worry. My 8in leopard gecko intimidates my 2ft tegu. My leo gets so aggressive. It's really funny.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
T.C.