• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

BIG BIG!!! decision

wallace&mick

Hi everyone i'm semi new to this forum but my love for tegus is un beatable they are just one of the most amazing lizards in the world followed closerly by savanah monitor but my problem is that B/W tegus are easy to come by in Scotland (UK) but i really want a pair of reds do you think its cruel to have them shipped to the uk for my collection or should i just go with B/W?

thanks alot all opinions wanted as this is a subject thats really getting to me as i know i wouldn't really like locked in a box for 12 hours+ i would be at the airport or docks for them arriving with my car and convertor so they are on heat asap and hey would be put in there cag and left for minimuim 48 hours after there kool down period i would feed them leave for another 24 hours they try handling

reptastic

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
I see no problem, there were 5(i think) extreme giants shipped from the states to the uk with no problems other than its pretty expensive i heard, i know here in the states it takes 17-20 hours for a tegu to be shipped from florida to illinois(were i live)

wallace&mick

i really really want a couple red male and female if possible but it was the shipping that was concerning me i don't mind forking out the cash to have some stunning animals in my care money is nothing but the tegus well fair is top priority

reptastic

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
I havnt read to much on it but i do know its a lot of paper work and money, theres a thread posted recently about it and all the steps necessary ill try and get the link

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mightytegu