• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Better Luck Today

hndrsnbrn

5 Year Member
I got my new tegu from Bobby on Tuesday. I was not able to pick him up or even get close to him with out him whipping his tail and running off .I had better luck today. After getting him in his bin and holding my hand in there for what seemed like forever he finally came over to my hand and I was able to pick him up. This is after my hand had fallen asleep. The other question I have is how much does a three week old tegu eat. Today he ate one bite of turkey and about 6 crickets. What is a normal amount of food a baby tegu will eat in a day? He ate a little more yesterday, but not much more.

Jefroka

5 Year Member
You and I have only had our tegus two days. They are still going through some kind of adjustment period. As long as yours is eating and adjusting to its new environment everything should be gravy from here on out. I believe what you have described is perfectly normal.

...Jefroka

Mvskokee

5 Year Member
just leave them alone for a week or so to let them de-stress. then try to spend some time with them. i find holding or interacting with reptile that have been shipped is only putting you a step backwards. just let em chill

Tux

5 Year Member
I'm feeding all mine in bins anyhow so I have to handle them, tegus don't seem to stress as much as other reptiles oddly enough. As for how much they eat, I donno each is different, I've fed egg, turkey/beef liver and crickets thus far and they aren't eating as much as I expected but they are eating so I know nothing is wrong at all. Don't even worry about it.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mightytegu