• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Best forums to learn/talk about Ackies?

Dana C

I think a monitors job is to moderate and modify if you will, abusive language, personal verbal attacks, out of control arguments and the tone of the forum. I know that there will disagreements on a lot of topics but the moderator would or could "take it down at notch so it doesn't get out of hand and drive people away.

Josh

Administrator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
I plan on separating out a Monitors subforum today. I was going to do it yesterday but got caught up with the software upgrade. Once you see the subforum, please feel free to flag threads that need to be moved

TegusRawsome80

5 Year Member
Just some basic Ackie care from what I learned from mine when I had them. A trio would do well in a 6 by 3 by 3 cage with about 12 inches of substrate ideally. They need a lot of temperature variation with a hot spot of about 130-140. Soil/sand mix works well and they dig extensive burrows so the substrate must hold a burrow. Pretty basic care. You can use Rete's stacks in the cage to help give them a variety of temps.

Dana C

Thanks Josh. Do want to move some older posts over just for info purposes? I can go back through them and flag a few. I am sure Al can as well.

Dana C

I am semi retired so I don't have a job to go to as well. I sort of wish I did as I could use a few extra $$.

Josh

Administrator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
I did a basic search for threads with 'monitor' in the title that weren't in the For Sale subforum AND weren't something like "Tegu or Monitor - what should I get?" and started moving them here...

Dana C

Josh said:
I did a basic search for threads with 'monitor' in the title that weren't in the For Sale subforum AND weren't something like "Tegu or Monitor - what should I get?" and started moving them here...

Great! Thank you.

frost

1,000+ Post Club
hmm burrows you say? that would be kinda cool to see. i wonder how extensive they can be.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sonny