• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Best Fish To Feed?

CaseyUndead

5 Year Member
I was wondering what the best or most nutritious kind of fish are for feeding tegus? I've never really fed mine fish before(i did give him some shrimp once), but i was thinking of starting to to add some variety. I'm also worried about the fish bones.

txrepgirl

5 Year Member
I feed all my Tegus fresh fish filets ( they don't have any bones in them ). I get the fish from my local supermarket and ask them to give me the fish without the growth hormones in it ( most farm raised ones have that in it ). I get the cat fish, cod, tilapia, salmon and tuna. I cut them up in small pieces and put them in warm water to get them to room temps. Then I put some calcium and vitamine powder on it.

chelvis

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
I would say most fresh water fish is fine so things like cat fish, tilapia and salmon. I worry about salt water fish becuase of the murcery that they can have in them, especially tuna thats why people are not suppose to eat tuna too often. I even feed catfish with the bone after all i feed whole mice and chicks with no problem, i would only recomend that however for an adult tegu.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeguSteff