• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Behavioral Fluctuations

gone_awry

Hi, I’ve had my Tegu for a week today, and the last 2 days she has behaved quite differently from the first several days I had her. For the first 5 days, she was out on a consistent routine with coming out of her hide, basking, and exploring. She has eaten 4/7 days she’s been with me. I would sit next to her, she’d look at me, I’d talk to her. I would set my hand in her tank, and she would cautiously explore me or ignore me. I finally took her out to bathe her, then put her back in her tank. She was normal that night, but has been burrowing since. I saw her for a minute or so yesterday peeking her head out of her hide, but she didn’t come out. She hasn’t come out today at all And she hasn’t eaten for 2 days. It seemed she was more comfortable when she got here than she is now, and I’m wondering if this is normal adjustment behavior, if I spooked her by taking her out too soon, or if I should be worried she’s sick? Thanks in advance.

AlphaAlpha

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Totally normal behaviour and one of the most common questions asked on the site ....... Just be patient and they'll come round.

gone_awry

Totally normal behaviour and one of the most common questions asked on the site ....... Just be patient and they'll come round.

Thank you! I’m sorry to ask a commonly asked question. I reviewed several pages back, but didn’t see whether it’s normal to go from being social to hiding after being handled for the first time. I appreciate the response. :)

Godzilla Earth

No don't worry, it's common and if your not a experienced tegu talker (tegu talkers? Tegu talki?) it's totally okay. I was visiting for a while before I joined so I knew how to get around

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
T.C.