• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Bedding?

rule6660

5 Year Member
Hello ive built an outside excloser and was wondering if there was any other type of bedding i could use other then the cypress mulch? thanks for the help ~AJ~

DZLife

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Ask Mike; he and I came up with a very good mix of different types of dirt, mulch, etc...I have forgotten what we put in it. PM him.

DZLife

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Ok, I asked Mike, and this is the mix we did:

We use a mix of cypress, coconut fiber, topsoil, and top it off with leaf litter if it is available.

You can usually get away with using dirt mixed with coco or cypress. some people use redwood mulch, although I (we)
have never tried it. Make sure the dirt mix holds enough humidity. You usually have to play aroud with it a bit to get the right feel.
fyi, there are many alterantives to cypress.

Let me know what you have available, and we can figure something out.

rule6660

5 Year Member
awsome ill look tomarow, i work at a lumber yard and we sell mulch so i can get it cheep but i cant get n e cypress mulch so thats y i was wondering. the closest place to get it, other then petco ,where ill spend a butt load, is about 2 hours away so lol thanks for the help ~AJ~

rule6660

5 Year Member
yea what i can get here is: cedar mulch, pine bark mulch and peat moss, all the rest are all color enhanced.

DaveDragon

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
rule6660 said:
yea what i can get here is: cedar mulch, pine bark mulch and peat moss, all the rest are all color enhanced.
Ask if they will order it for you. The stuff we buy says Agway on the bag.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erectus