• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Bedding Question

Margaret

I'm wondering if it'd be okay to use a mix of Cypress mulch bedding and Eco Earth Coconut fiber for a hatchling chacoan tegu (he's a little over a month old). The little guy loves to burrow, but he ends up with wood chips in his mouth a lot of the time, so I'm wondering if the coconut fiber bedding would help with burrowing and raising humidity.

Josh

Administrator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
The coco fiber isn't likely to make things any more conducive to burrowing. It won't hold up like dirt will. But it will help with moisture and humidity and won't huge your tegu.

Margaret

Sweet thanks, I plan on getting him on a sand/dirt mix when I build his permanent enclosure cause right now (and till he out grows it) I have him in a 55 gallon tank.

RickyNo

I used coconut fiber for all my animals at some point and time. As a baby my tegu used coco fiber for about 4 months till I completed his full size enclosure where I use a topsoil/peatsmoss/play sand mixture. I would not use any mulch though. None!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mightytegu